Saturday, June 16, 2012

The End of the World

I honestly do not believe the world will end anytime soon, so don't get all antsy and freaked out.  And, no, I don't believe in the whole "2012" thing with the Mayans.  First of all, are we not forgetting about leap years?  In Mayan times, they didn't have leap years, so, December 21st 2012 on the Mayan Calender would not be December 21st on our Calender, so, you can stop freaking out about that if you have some sliver of belief in it. But, I do think we should all think about what we would do if it was the end of the world.  Or, if it was the end of our life.  If you had a week to live, what would you do?  Would you go sky diving?  Would you travel?  What would you do?  If I had a week to live, I would non-stop listen to The Beatles, search for the truest friend one could have, talk for hours, eat pounds and pounds of chocolate, go cliff diving, and skinny dipping, and I would finally fall in love with life.  I just wish it didn't take looming death to make us live our lives.  Why can't we just go cliff diving, sky diving, traveling, etc., without a reason?  Why can't we all just fall in love with life?

I wish everyone (including myself) could just wake up and realize that time is limited.  It is a scary feat to live one's life, because it means accepting one's eventual death.

I guess what's gotten me all worked up is the trailer for "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World."  Every time I see the commercial, I want to cry my eyes out.  I have a list of about fifty things I want to do before I die, and let's just say I've accomplished less than the amount of fingers I have on one hand (p.s. I have the average amount of fingers).  Well, I guess I can conquer the world tomorrow, but for now, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment